The Brown Family

The Brown Family

Thursday, August 11, 2011

WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!

A baby what??? Yes, that was my reaction when we found out what we were having. On Thursday August 11, 2011 we had our first ultra sound appointment. I have to admit that prior to our appointment I was an emotional wreck! Since becoming pregnant I am way more sensitive than what I normally am and my mind was wondering on the worst possible scenarios. I was able to collect myself before going and my emotions turned from worried to excited. The ultra sound tech got us in right away and so there was no waiting. Cara, the tech, got us in the room, kicked on the machine, poured some jelly on my belly, and right away we saw our baby. I first noticed that spine, then the head. I was in awe that that baby was inside of me. The baby was very wiggly and Cara had to chase the baby around. I kept referring to the baby as a him and this is why...
I've just always had an thought that we were having a baby boy. I don't know why I just did. During my pregnancy I have had only three baby dreams.

Dream 1: The first one was that I had a baby girl at four months. I didn't remember what happened (in my dream) and was concerned about her going to the NICU. My mom and sister where there to reassure me that the baby was fine and that she was just ready to come out early. Then when I saw my baby I thought man, she is kind of ugly and then got freaked out because although she was an infant she was running around the house. My mom and sister were like, "oh look she is a genius baby," and I said, "oh my baby is a freak."

Dream 2: I don't remember it right now but I know that I had one.

Dream 3: I had a baby boy and it was super real! Our baby had my eyes and Chris's eyes put together and they were BEAUTIFUL! They were a crystal blue and I was so excited in my dream. But then I saw my baby's nose and it was my nose and then I started to cry because I felt sorry for the child. (Note, I don't have a problem with my nose at all but for some reason in my dream I did).

But because my last dream was more realistic and also by the way I am carrying the baby (out...every out) I thought I was having a boy. So I was always looking at baby boy clothes. Also, I work with a lot of Hispanic clients. All of there mom's are excited that I am pregnant and one of them in particular told me that I she could tell what I am having. She went to her room and pulled out a golden medallion with el virgin de guatalupe on it. She made me hold it in my hand and then held it up. Then depending on how the medallion spun it would tell me what I am having (circles for girls and back and forth for boys). Mine swung was back and forth. She told me congratulations and that she was never wrong. Sooo everything I thought of and felt pointed towards a little boy.

Back to the ultra sound, Cara told me that I should probably stop referring to the baby as a he and call it a she. "WHAT? ARE YOU SURE?"

Cara told me that she was almost 99 percent positive but that she would keep looking and take lots of pictures. SO to our baby when you get older and are looking through your baby album and are wondering why there are so many pictures of your women parts it's because your mommy wanted to make very very sure that you were a girl and not a boy!

But we are excited! I am looking forward to having a baby girl. Cara took lots of pictures. The baby does look healthy, is active, has a good heart beat, and all her organs! We could also see her little button nose! Chris told me that he is going to have two bossy ladies in the house...it's a good thing that he is soooo patient! HA! We know that this baby is going to melt Chris's heart and he will be wrapped around her little finger!

Pictures soon to come!

1 comment:

  1. I know I already said this but, CONGRATS! :) ♥ Now I can get sewing and shopping... in PINK! :)

    ReplyDelete